Tuesday 27 March 2007

wish i was here

Well, I posted my card today that I made yesterday.
I'm not happy with what I wrote in it though. I really suck at the insides of greeting cards (interesting image there...) I never know what to say. How do you cram all your excitement and goodwill and hugs into a little rectangle of paper 10cmx14cm? Can anyone do it?
Sometimes I feel like just affixing a postscript, 'dear such-and-such, please take to heart hours of careful work and put the stilted motto on the shelf, not the other way around.'

In similar news, I love this verse from Psalm 71. I know exactly what the Psalmist means.
"My mouth will tell of your righteousness,

of your salvation all day long,
though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:15 (NIV)

Yesterday, at uni, there was a door. Today there is a wall.
I knew they were remodelling the bookshop, but still, it's disconcerting when doors go disappearing on you.

No comments: