Friday 9 March 2007

let them eat cake

I made this cake and thought it looked so nice I should record it for posterity. It's chocolate, with chocolate icing and M&Ms mix-ups on top.




In other news, my science experiments are growing... These ones are cress.



I am consistently fascinated by this graffiti, at a train station in Brisbane. 'Water'... there's not much around at all, really. Then it gets me thinking about the train from Spirited Away, where the tracks are underwater... (I love that movie. It's my second favourite Ghibli film.)Not all graffiti is evil.


I'm reading C.S. Lewis' Surprised by Joy. It's not quite what I expected, but very good. And, my head nearly exploded with happiness yesterday when I realised what that Jars of Clay song I'm in the Way means. That one that goes

I'm in the way of fallin' down

I won't let you go that far now

Is talking about the fact that God literally stands between us and failure; that we can't be a Christian under our own power, but with Him, we can. At least, that's what I think it means. You never quite know with Jars.

No comments: