Monday 26 March 2007

In Which There Is Much Rejoicing

My dear friends in South Australia are having a baby. So I made them a 'Hooray - You're Pregant!' Card. (Even if I didn't use those exact words.) Everyone back home is all excited. And so am I, even if I have done my best to surmount the hyperness by spending six hours painstakingly fitting together the little greeting card: carefully tracing the image out of my uni notebook (it began life as a doodle), even more carefully accidentally wrecking three when I went over the tracing in gold, cutting all the bits out, dabbing ti-i-iny dots of PVA glue on with a matchstick, tying little knots in the string so the beads stay in the right place... (they don't read the blog, so I can safely complain about it all here.) And yet, am still hyperventilating...

It's all just sooo shiny.

No comments: