Saturday 3 March 2007

Beginnings

So. I've not had huge amounts of success with blogging before (I'm too lazy) but let's see how I go.
Anyway, what to expect: a catalogue of madnesses, things I fall passionately in love with in the short term and the long term, and possibly some not-madnesses.
Basically so my family can experience my self-obsession, even over long distances. Tee-hee-hee.

Today's new obsessions:
  • Pan's Labyrinth (that movie in Spanish): very shiny if a little brutal in parts. Reminds me very much of MirrorMask in that they're both really Alice stories. Which is a good thing; I love Alice, especially Through the Looking Glass.
  • Environmental art: not just for hippies. This is for a uni thing. Imagine, a uni thing that's actually fun! I think my head exploded from joy during the first tute. I especially love:

Christo and Jeanne-Claude: The Gates, Central Park, New York City, 1979-2005

Carlotta Brunetti: Floating Clouds

  • Louie Giglio's The Air I Breathe: I read it on the train today, and it is a wonderful book for if you are feeling, through busyness or fatigue or whatever, a bit 'meh' about God. I've been smiling all day, and it made me want to go and read Psalms.

1 comment:

Kerstin Klein said...

I think the movie (Pan´s labyrinth)is great - though very different from what I had expected. It is brutal but beautiful and the music is just wonderful.