Thursday 15 March 2007

Tea for the Tillerman

I'm obsessed with Extras. It's one of the best things about Wednesday nights, and I heap scorn on those who watch House or Heroes instead. I never watched The Office, strangely enough, but I love Extras. Took me a couple of episodes to warm up to it, but then I started laughing my little socks off, and missing an episode of the new season is almost physically painful. (Okay, hyperbole.) Last night it had Ian McKellen. He was awesome. Never expected to be a huge fan of 'painful pause' comedy, but here I am. (BTW, Weird Al on Spicks and Specks just before was also very shiny.)
And, proving that some of my obsessions look ridiculous in juxtaposition, I read Psalm 63 today and (as Kat would say, as Steve would say, as Kat would say) it rocks my socks. Here are the first eight verses, TNIV of course.

You, God, are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
My whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
I cling to you;
your right hand upholds me.

No comments: