Wednesday 30 May 2007

Forgot Something Again...

I'm finding it amusing now.
Last night, I woke up (after being asleep) terrified that my sister had been asphyxiating herself, oil-painting with turps holed up in her room for hours on end. The facts, as I saw them, were:
  • It's freezing cold and raining all the time at the moment, where my folks live.
  • My sister spends all her time in her room when she's not on the computer. She does all her painting in her room.
  • My sister's room is likely to be all shut up against the aforementioned cold, and is not really well-ventilated at the best of times.
  • My sister was all excited about doing oil painting for the first time.
  • Mineral turpentine is integral to oil painting, and should not be used in unventilated areas.

Facts that unfortunately did not occur to me:

  • I love mineral turpentine with a fierce, longing love. My sister has never shown any indication she feels the same way.
  • Just because I'm dumb enough to give myself migraines via low ventilation does not mean my sister is.
  • My sister is not an idiot.
  • Even if she did hole herself up in her room with the fumes and make herself sick, she'd never do it again. Never never three days in a row.

So I tried to ring her. Then when her phone was turned off, I sent her a text message three text messages long about the dangers of turps fumes.

She definitely is sitting at home, thinking I'm a psycho.

I'm a psycho.

No comments: