Friday 18 May 2007

Alleliua is a crappy teacher

No blog post yesterday or the day before, Blogger wasn't cooperating on Wednesday and I was too busy on Thursday.
I've been classified as 'at risk' on my practicum interim report. Which is bad. And it feels stupid, because I've been nervous and unsettled and not doing things I know to do. So am spending weekend working my butt off trying to do all the things my prac teacher says I need to do. And when I do them she'll point out a bunch of other things I haven't done. She doesn't seem to like telling me about what I should be doing until I haven't done it. Oh well. I'm just sad because I thought I could do this. I thought I was good at it. But I'm trying and trying and she's still worried, and I just can't seem to get things right.
Plus I have a cold. I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to teaching!

This is of course, what teaching is like. Other people in your course may put on a brave face, but nobody is very good at it.

This may be hard to swallow, but the truth is, it's going to get tougher.

But don't worry about that yet. Just concentrate on the coming week. Do as much planning as you can, but make sure you get enough rest.

My last teaching prac was one of the few periods in my life where I've had serious nightmares.

I'll pray for you.

Anonymous said...

What a Friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do your friends despise, forsake
you? Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield you;
you will find a solace there.

Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised Thou wilt all our burdens bear
May we ever, Lord, be bringing
all to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright unclouded
there will be no need for prayer
Rapture, praise and endless worship
will be our sweet portion there.

use soap every day
and sleep lots and lots of sleep.
This year is the hardest year

love M

Anonymous said...

my hockey game:
it was raining all second half and a little in the first. and i had to play inner 4 the 2nd half (atack and defence, spends the whole game running and doin things).
this means that 5 seconds into the 2nd half i was COMPLETELY stuffed and soaked and the rain was hindering my sight.
all in all is was an AWESOME game. i love hockey. :)





btw we lost 2-8. hehe

Alleliua said...

Thanks for the comments all. I needed them. :)