Monday 7 May 2007

catches theives, just like flies

Today I went to see Spiderman 3. It was mostly good, with bits that make you laugh (admittedly, mostly Emo Spiderman) and bits that make you cry and bits that make you gasp. So there were only two things I really didn't like about it. Number one was Gwen Stacy telling a crowd of people "I'm here today because I fell sixty feet and someone caught me," which seems a bit tasteless, since the reason Gwen isn't here today is that she fell and somebody caught her. The other sucky thing was a very very lame, badly acted Stan Lee cameo (he actually said 'Nuff Said.) All the things I like, I can't say because they would mostly spoil the movie. But I do heart Harry Osborne.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wots dat about gwen not being here coz she fell 60 feet and som1 caught her?
i go c taht saturday. cant wait.

Alleliua said...

In the Spiderman comics, Green Goblin chucked Gwen Stacy off a bridge, just like he did with Mary Jane in the first movie. Spiderman caught Gwen but she did not survive, either because the fall itself killed her, or because being pulled up short by Spiderman's webbing broke her neck. Gwen Stacy in Spidey 3 is a bobble-head, not unlike Katie Holmes in Batman Begins.