Saturday 28 April 2007

Magic

So. Have worked on assignments, got writers' block, gone off and spent too much time at the Sims 2-related Place Which Must Not Be Named (pretty sure I can name it if I want to, I'm not in a paysite forum; I just like to call it that.) Yahr.
Then got guilty and went back and tried to work on my assignments some more and got writers block some more and played solitaire, badly, on the computer.
And this is just week 8.
My hair is acting like a bought one! Hooray! It so rarely plays by any kind of decent rules, this is worth posting about.
Went to the library with Grandma this morning and put four Fables tpbs and The Pinhoe Egg on hold. Fables because Dad bought one and I hate to be left out of these things (I've not quite forgiven Samurai Champloo yet) and because the whole concept sounds unbelievably cool. And it's been around for years. I have my head in the sand. And Egg because it's Diana Wynne Jones, and do I need any more reasons? I looooove Chrestomanci - I discovered DWJ after the Ghibli Howl's Moving Castle and never looked back but that shouldn't surprise anyone because I'm hugely obsessed with fantasy, especially fantasy for kids. I mean, I've re-read Narnia sooo many times (all of them. And Earthsea. And Tamora Pierce. And Harry Potter, and many more.)
And off on a different tangent again; I'm an avid reader of Harry Potter, but compare them to C.S. Lewis and poor Joanne Rowling doesn't have a leg to stand on. I mean, Dobby or Reepicheep? No contest. It'd be Reep every time, wouldn't it.
To think this post started with assignments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i showed anita your blog on request of dad. he seems to find it all vair amusment.
anita has a bump. its so cute. she said that she is pretty much 3 months. and mrs frost said that she is very big 4 3 months so she might have twins. lol. that would be interesting. but of cors nothing is certain. woments stomach sizes do range. her first scan is a week from tuesday. very exciting.
ther is a new family at church. orignaly from egypt but from melbourne more recently. they have a boy, 14, startin at st martins so he goes to youth etc and is feeling very much at home. i convinsed him to eat a whole bowl of iccream at once. as in fitting it all in his mouth at 1 time. very funny. lol. im evil.

Alleliua said...

Indeed you are.