Friday 6 April 2007

Good Friday

Church at the somewhat unholy hour of eight a.m. this morning. I was yawning the whole way through -- I felt so bad. And I was in bed before 11 last night and everything.
300 was awesome, but what were y'all expecting?
It looks sooo much like a Frank Miller comic, even I can tell and all I've ever read of his is one Sin City book and The Dark Knight Returns. This movie has Frank Miller gore, Frank Miller wrinkles, Frank Miller nipples on Frank Miller women...
I'm glad I went last night, too. The atmosphere was awesome at the flicks - I went to the Southbank Cinema because they were showing it on the giant screen. It was a sell-out screening, and I nearly got trampled by people trying to get decent seats... the girl in front of me remarked to her friend, "I was here for the first day of Harry Potter. This is heaps more insane."
I got a decent seat because I showed up 40 minutes early and queued for one, so that was ok. I was disappointed by the trailers, just Disturbia, Shooter, and one other like that, then the new Pirates. But then they showed the trailer for Grindhouse, so they redeemed themselves somewhat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey!
problems with cassie r mostly resolved. am comin 2 qld.
jess came to church 2day adn i think sh enjoyed herself. she sang all da songs altho i doubt seh new em adn had fun in the youth lounge after
so thats good. cant wait 4 300. woohoo!!