Tuesday 24 April 2007

Can I go to bed yet?

So. In order to attempt to keep awake at uni today, I consumed ruinously expensive amounts of black coffee and 'Sugarfree V' (which tastes completely foul. I never drink it unless I absolutely have to), and now I am not any less tired but I am, in addition, vaguely sloshing when I move.

I am really glad I went to see my sister yesterday. Already the fogs of memory (or perhaps exhaustion) are obfuscating the sore feet and stomach-cramping anxiety of a bus ride to the wrong place, the uncomfortably damp Dunlop Volleys and the loong, looong waits in various queues. Instead, inside my head, the sun shines, the perfect present for my brother is the perfect price, the pizza is pleasantly tolerable, and the Giant Drop lingers like a firework in the back of my mind.
In a week, I will be able to say it was a perfect day.
The most I can say about it right now is that I survived.

No comments: