Saturday 17 November 2007

Country Town

I love living in a country town. Especially on the day of the Christmas Parade. (i.e, today.) Partly for the floats full of schoolchildren, partly for the numerous Caledonian/Pipe bands, partly for the spectators. Because spectators are fun. Tiny children in their tiny folding camp chairs, waiting for Father Christmas. Underwhelmed and unimpressed babies and teenagers who seem to have discovered "scene" about three years after city folk, and are probably still calling it "emo." Parents on tartan picnic rugs, fags dangling. Also, friends in clown costumes and sparkly vests, and my brothers playing mini-boings and a glove-a-phone in the Funky Junk Band.

I had to drop out of a sims2 competition for the first time today, which makes me bad a bit. Because a commitment, no matter how trivial, is still a commitment, yes? But, obviously RL comes first. And I wasn't going to submit rubbish. And my comp was just too slow to get anything like enough of it done in time. So meh. Oh well.

Am slowly readjusting to there being people around me, all the time, which is probably a life skill.

No comments: