Tuesday 6 November 2007

Captive... captivated

I did mean to post, yesterday, but I was captive within a book - New Moon, by Stephenie Meyer. It was rather good, and altogether unputdownable. I did get some study done, and I did mail my parcel, but the vacuuming fell by the way.

This afternoon, I was taken out and was bought a watch. (For my birthday.) I did some study, went for a very quiet dinner at the cousins', and after that, when it was cool enough to use my computer (as opposed to the grandparents') I tore my hair out a little trying to nut out how to blend skintones for the Sims2. By the way, I need a new computer - the current one dislikes immensely being asked to do anything at above 25 degrees celsius, or at any temperature, anything requiring ordinary amounts of RAM. Which kind of sucks. Mainly because there's no way I'm getting a new computer, so looks like I shall be doing stuff a) at a snail's pace, b) after dark, or c) on someone else's computer. Of course, the whole situation will be greatly improved by my going home in a week or so, where the temperature won't rise above 25 degrees until February. Mary says I should ask for one for my birthday, but somehow I can't see my folks giving me an 2000 dollar laptop for my 21st...

Tomorrow afternoon, I am being taken out by an aunt and bought something else for my birthday. I'm quite looking forward to it.

No comments: