Tuesday 5 June 2007

a random little chat about clothes and films.

Snap. It's round-abouts my blog's two month birthday. Happy birthday, blog. That should actually probably be anniversary, but oh well.
So today was the day I finally went to see Pirates. It was better than the last one, but I'm not sure it needed three whole hours. The bit in the whirlpool was good. Also, Orlando Bloom's role could have been played with more flair and aplomb by a sock puppet, but then all the preteen girly-types would get mad.
The thing I love about summer (well, winter here) blockbusters are the big-budget trailers, but I didn't get to see anything wonderful. Just a Harry Potter trailer that made me go 'wow, that was confusing' and a Transformers trailer that managed to make Transformers look about as fun and exciting as a movie about tax returns, which is really a sad state of affairs.

I saw a skinny girl in Queen Street wearing a full-on corset. I sighed and wished that I could wear a corset without looking like the kind of fat girl that wears corsets. Drastic weight loss is really my only option, which is a depressing thought to have after scoffing take-away for dinner.

No comments: