Thursday 6 September 2007

Books and Movies

Thursday. Hmm.

I went to the library and put a bunch of books on hold - I haven't read anything not uni-related or on a computer screen for much to long, which is unlike me. So after hurriedly scribbling down Susanna "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell" Clarke's list of favourite books and "If you liked this then try" from somewhere, I went looking for them. (One was actally on shelf - a rarity for my hopeless library - it's called Thursbitch, and the first chapter is interesting so far.)

Hopefully by the time I hand in my maths games on Tuesday, there'll be a book or two waiting for me at the library.

The Empire magazine Stardust verdict: Starbust. I was sad.
But then, they gave that Earthsea movie four stars, and I really wanted to like that movie but it deserved two and a half at best. So one never does know.

No comments: